Friday, September 5, 2008
We have been trying to be really frugal lately. Derrick took on another job and is traveling from here to Grand Junction every week (he is teaching the choirs and ear training at Mesa State while Dr. A is on sabatical). I found a lawnmower that was free just down the street and thought I would pick it up and try to get it to work. The guy said that it didn't have a pull cord. I mentioned this to Derrick, and he didn't look that excited about trying to fix it. He doesn't have any extra time for projects since he is still working on the weekends here when he comes home. So I thought I would try and see what I could do. I put in the cord and figured out how to put everything back in the right order and....(drumroll)....IT WORKS. I successfully mowed my lawn yesterday and the most expensive part of the whole project was buying some gas to put into it! LOL!