Friday, September 5, 2008

Gettin' Mechanical

We have been trying to be really frugal lately. Derrick took on another job and is traveling from here to Grand Junction every week (he is teaching the choirs and ear training at Mesa State while Dr. A is on sabatical). I found a lawnmower that was free just down the street and thought I would pick it up and try to get it to work. The guy said that it didn't have a pull cord. I mentioned this to Derrick, and he didn't look that excited about trying to fix it. He doesn't have any extra time for projects since he is still working on the weekends here when he comes home. So I thought I would try and see what I could do. I put in the cord and figured out how to put everything back in the right order and....(drumroll)....IT WORKS. I successfully mowed my lawn yesterday and the most expensive part of the whole project was buying some gas to put into it! LOL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a woman!

Monica Hudson said...

Bravo!!! You rock! That's a BIG point for us women...but let's not give these guys any ideas of slacking off because they know we're perfectly capable of taking care of EVERYTHING!! ;-) JK - I'm truly impressed - I'd have bowed out when the guy told me it didn't work, for whatever reason!

The Easton Family said...

Awesome! All that and pregnant too... what a gal!

arizonamama said...

Shhhh. Don't tell that us women can do it by ourselves. I'll have all kinds of projects to have to do then if my hubby knows... I'm going to have to remove your link from our blog so he doesn't find out!

Dianna said...

Way to go!

Jen said...

We are women hear us ROAR!

DeGooyer Family said...

Awesome!! I've never mowed our lawn... Wouldn't know where (or how!) to start. Is that bad? =)

McBunni said...

Ok, time to post again! How 'bout some belly shots???

The Taylor Family said...

Hello old friend! It's been a very long time. Your family is beautiful. I love the photos and stories. Just thought I'd reconnect. Hope you remember who I am...

Monica Hudson said...

Soooo...what's new? Just a friendly request for Johnson fam updates! ;-) xoxo