Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun at Papa and Grandma's House
















A couple of weeks ago I went up to Layton, UT to spend some time with Derrick's parents. Yes, I took the trek with my three boys on a 8 hour trip by myself. Derrick had to stay and work to fund my week of fun. We piled the van high with stuff, took out the captain chair and then put the boys in and finished packing behind them :) I am very grateful to have a wonderful trip. The boys were great and Derrick packed us all some "goodie" bags that we could munch on in the van. Levi did very well and the 8 hour trip only took 10 hours.

We had a lot of fun playing in the pool in the backyard, I went on some much needed hikes/runs. I got to spend some time with my sisters-in-law and my niece. (Who ALMOST warmed up to me by the time we left). I had a little mini-makeover and got my hair done. Derrick flew up a few days later and we were able to go to a movie together, dinner, and the zoo.
The Zoo was a lot of fun. The whole week was a little rainy. We were watching the bird show at the end and then the floods came! The show got cancelled and we ran for it. We made it to the car completely soaked and then dried off at the Spaghetti Factory later that night.
One of the highlights of the trip (I think Papa and Grandma planned this for the boys and not me) was our trip to Chuck-E-Cheese's. I had Levi in my front carrier and was going around helping the kids with their games when I suddenly spyed a basketball game! I put in a token and I was hooked. Needless to say, I played that game over and over and over. BUT I did really well! I KNEW all those hours I put into practicing for High School would pay off!!! I was earning tickets! Haha!! We finally ran out of tickets, Levi had a bunch of basketball treads in his hair, and we walked with a couple of balls that we traded all those hard earned tickets! Thanks Papa and Grandma! It was a blast :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't really get to say good bye with all the crazy rain....I am so glad we got a chance to see each other a few times while you were here. Your boys are so cute

Dianna said...

It was fun seeing you guys! Your boys are too fun!

Ina said...

We love you guys and thanks for comeing. Mom Johnson

Janae said...

I can't believe how they have grown, esp Tony! It's fun to keep track of you guys through blogger! Tell Derrick hello for me! Hope all is well...