Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5K Family Run

I am SOOOOO proud of my family for running a 5K together. It was Aurora Academy's (Tony's School) 1st annual 5k fun run. We got up early and headed down.

Levi getting ready in his stroller. (He slept most of the time.)
All the boys getting their game faces on! RAWR!

Tony looking quite determined.


After we got going and Tony, Turner, Derrick, and I running, we had a little mishap. Turner fell and scraped his knee about 1 block in. Good thing I decided to bring the double stroller! Turner jumped in with Levi and we were off. Derrick was in a little bit of a time crunch because he had to get to work so he and Tony took off while I pushed the stroller along. About 1 mile in, I realized that it is much more work pushing about 55lbs. in a stroller than running a 5k on a treadmill ;) Tony ended up running 2 miles without stopping! I was so impressed with his determination. He stopped then to get a drink at the water station and then kept on going. I was trying to catch up to them but both Derrick and Tony crossed the line before me. Turner ended up running the last 1/4 or 1/3 of a mile. I was very happy with his effort. This is definitely something we are going to do again.




2 comments:

Ina said...

Go Johnson Family GO!!!!!

Dianna said...

How fun! Two miles is awesome for Tony! And pushing a stroller with two kids AND running is no small feat. Way to go!