Thursday, September 29, 2011

A new adventure

We have decided to begin homeschooling. You may think I am crazy...and I might be a little bit. I feel like we are doing this as an answer to prayer. I think this will work out great for us. This has been something that has always been on my "radar" and now we feel is a good time to start. It is kind of a long story as to why we are doing it. Basically, we feel it is best for our family and the boys are super excited to learn at home. I have found an awesome homeschool group up here in Anthem that is very supportive and I think the boys are going to do awesome in this environment. I know this isn't for everyone, but for us we are ready to begin the journey! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Dahle Family said...

Yes, good luck in this new adventure for sure! I think your boys will take well to it and you are definitely cut out for it. The crazy part comes in when you try to fit the twins and Levi into the picture, I'm sure!! But babies nap, and Levi is ready for some preschooly stuff, so I'm sure you can make it work happily!!

I have definitely always had homeschooling in my radar, too, and so whenever I meet a homeschooler, I always dig deeper to find out about why people decide to go that route. But I've prayed about it and thus far haven't felt like it was right for my kids and situation. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to help all of us make these decisions for our families!! What a blessing!

Dianna said...

Way to go Rikki! I've loved reading about your homeschool adventures and look forward to having my own! Nice job with keeping up on the blog! I'm so impressed with all your posts and it is great to see how you guys are doing. We miss you so much and I hope we live closer some day.