Sunday, September 18, 2011

No Sleep and other interesting tidbits











Aren't those pictures so cute!!



Well...the twins are just teasing me. I am only getting sleep here and there. Briggs has been pretty good lately at sleeping but Sawyer not so much. It seems like someone has a bad night almost every night. It is interesting how much they have both changed. Briggs used to be the super easy laid back guy and Sawyer was pretty difficult to manage. Now, Sawyer is all smiles and Briggs is kinda tricky.



Briggs is temperature sensitive when it comes to his bottles. He used to not care if the bottle was room temperature but about 1 1/2 week ago he decided that slightly warmer than warm was the way to go. He kept refusing bottle after bottle. I was at a scout thing all day last Saturday and he ate only 6 ounces within a 12 hour period! I knew he was hungry but he wouldn't eat! Finally after I got home and he got settled he had a bottle that I used warm water with. (Warm water was harder to come by at the scout meeting.) That night he ate all his bottles perfectly (which makes sense now because I always warm them up at home.) He wouldn't eat for Derrick but Derrick usually just does room temperature for the bottles. At church he refused to eat again. This was because (in hind sight) we fill up the bottles with water before church and then just mix the formula when we get there. (The water in the bathrooms takes FOR-E-VER to get warm.) I was going crazy because I knew if he didn't eat during the day he would be up all night eating and I was getting tired. After church, I had a thought that I should warm up the bottle I had been trying to feed him with. It worked like a charm! I know the Lord was definitely helping me understand what Briggs had been trying to tell me for 3 days. How frustrating would that be? To be in this little body without use of language trying to tell your mom what you need? I can understand why he was so frustrated with me. Sawyer, on the other hand, is not particular about the temperature of his food. Pretty funny. I am VERY glad that I finally figured that one out.

1 comment:

Cervantes Family said...

Your babies are so cute. Sorry you aren't getting much sleep. One day it will happen again :).