Sunday, April 17, 2011

34 WEEKS!!

This is the last shirt that fits me. Luckily I can wear some of my Dad's old 2xl shirts around the house.
Me and my 5 boys :)

Phew! Made it to 34 weeks. 34 weeks is a really big milestone for twins. I guess there are a LOT of problems that are mainly avoided by having twins early as long as they are after 34 weeks. Maybe I will talk Derrick into taking a picture of me to post up on the blog. I'm pretty much huge. I thought my stretch marks were bad before!!! I am pretty sure that my skin isn't stretchy at all. It is so crazy to watch these boys move around in my abdomen. I can almost always see/feel a foot, leg, or other apendage sticking out at some odd angle. Their positions are transverse. Basically A is laying at the bottom of the uterus like a hammock and B's head is by A's feet and B's feet are by A's head. It is probably a good thing that I have been planning on a C-section this whole time because there is no way that I could have these kids naturally with their positions.


I had some preterm labor last Saturday that ended well. I just went to the hospital and they monitored me for a couple of hours, gave me a couple of shots of tributiline (sp?) that calms all your smooth muscle tissue and slows down contractions. It worked like a charm for me.


There have been a few days lately where I wish I was in the hospital having these kids. Mentally, I would like to wait until they are at least 36 weeks but my body feels like it is at the breaking point. At my dr. appointment this past week, they took measurements of the babies and A weighs 4 lbs 10 oz and B weighs 4 lbs 2 oz. That is over 8.5 lbs of baby...not to mention the extra fluid, placenta, blah blah blah. Tony was my heaviest kid at 7 lbs 3 oz. No wonder my body is struggling! It was pretty difficult for them to get all the measurements correct because of how the babies are laying in my uterus and how cramped it is in there for them. I was really happy about their weights because 2 weeks ago they were about 3lbs 11 oz and 3 lbs 9 oz. I guess there is a reason that I have still been so hungry lately.


Derrick and the boys have been great helping with everything. I pretty much stay down all day (which can get very boring) but they are helping out with the cleaning and running the household. Wish us luck! Every day I am pregnant seems like an accomplishment and something to be grateful for.

5 comments:

Jan and Colleen said...

Keep eating and growing those babies, it sucks to have them in the NICU. You are an awesome mom and will do great, can't wait to hear how things are going. Nolan says hi to Tony too!

Cervantes Family said...

Rikki, it's so good to see you are doing well(under the circumstances). Good luck through the rest of your pregnancy. We miss meeting you at the park.

Jen said...

Hang in there. You are doing AWESOME, and you look so darn cute. I was 37 weeks when I had the boys and they were ready to leave the hospital before I was after the c-section. You are almost there.

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Simply amazing Rikki! I don't know how you're doing it! I'm ready to push out one baby by 34 weeks let alone two. Know that we're thinking of you and wishing you the best. Keep up the positive attitude!

Rachel Johnson said...

You are amazing. Natty and I are looking at your blog. We think you should add another L and D to your family. Tony, Turner, Levi, Liam, and Dane. Good luck with everything. We really miss you in Young Women's. We added a dog to our family, baby's are so much better though. Ellie named her Daisy. She's a Chihuahua. Rachel