Monday, April 25, 2011

Pulled Groin

Really? How can I possibly pull a groin while getting in and out of bed? I am not sure but I accomplished it. I pulled it on Thursday evening before bed. I thought I had just tweaked it and it would work itself out but I was in for a suprise.

I tried to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night (I make about 3 to 4 trips nowadays) and literally couldn't walk. It was an incredible effort just to get on my feet and after a couple of steps was reduced to tears. I was trying to be quiet because I knew Derrick was tired but after a couple of minutes he heard me and got up to help me walk to the bathroom. It was a good 10 minutes to walk less than 10 feet. I felt so helpless and was just grateful that he was able to help me. It took a while to get back into bed and after he lifted my leg up for me so I could lay down, I was having some doubt as to how I was going to manage the next day.

Luckily Tony and Turner didn't have school on Friday, and my sweet boys helped me put my legs in and out of bed. Derrick gave me a priesthood blessing. I am so grateful that he is able to do that for me. I felt inspired to use the office chair as a "walker" to move from my bed and rocking chair to the bathroom. I knew that my boys weren't strong enough to help me walk and I needed something to lean on. Levi thought it was pretty cool and wanted to ride on it when I pushed it around. Tony helped me make grilled cheese for lunch and Derrick decided to take a half day so he could take care of me. My visiting teacher brought me some dinner and I was able to make it through a day.

It is now Monday and I am hobbling around. I am trying to stay off it as much as possible. I no longer need my "walker" and am so grateful that I am able to function :) So much drama for a little pulled muscle. I am sure that a pulled groin is painful anyways but all my extra girth isn't helping much :) I told Derrick that I am sure that I will look back and laugh about it. It is pretty funny to think of how pitiful I was for a couple days.

No comments: