Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Loosing my mind

As I was packing for our trip to UT and ID, I kept forgetting things and trying to remember what I needed to pack. It seemed like I really couldn't focus and get it all packed without forgetting something. For example...I thought I had everything ready and got everyone loaded in the car and drove out of the driveway before I realized in order to fill up the van, I would need my purse which was still sitting on the kitchen counter. Next example...after I filled up the van I realized I didn't have my tennis shoes I needed to go camping with so went back to get that. About 30 minutes later after traveling on the road I realized I forgot my camera.

I was very frustrated about this because we were going to be gone for 2 weeks and I wanted to get some good pictures. I texted Derrick and asked him after work if he would overnight the camera to his parents (where I would be staying for part of the trip) so I could take pictures. (I was taking this trip with all 5 boys by myself and Derrick had to stay and work. My Grandma took pity on me and flew down to Phoenix to help me drive up...love you Grandma and thanks!) We drove to Bryce Canyon and met up with one of my cousins and looked at the beautiful scenery and again lamented my lack of camera. I wanted to document this beautiful place and seeing my cousins who I haven't seen in a few years. The next day I went down to Cedar City and met up with Deb so the boys could see their aunt. I wished again I had that camera. We finally dropped Grandma off in West Valley UT and then headed up the Papa and G-ma's house. I called Derrick to remind him to send the camera and he said he couldn't find it. I decided to look through the bags I packed to see if I could possible have packed it and forgot?? I looked through all the bags...no luck. Finally I looked in the pocket of the bag for the babies' clothes and guess what?? Yep. There was my camera. It is a good thing my head is attached.

So I had a thought....I have heard that with each pregnancy you loose brain cells (and I feel like I've lost double the regular amount). I don't really like thinking that because getting less intelligent is not something I want to do. :) Not sure if this is an old wives tale or not but I have a new take on it. I don't think you actually loose your brain cells but you have more things you have to be concerned about and think about and it puts a little stress on the brain until you get used to it....Whaddoyouthink? Wishful thinking?

No comments: