Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We finally got Sawyer and Briggs home today! The boys were are so excited to have them home and it is such a relief to feel like a full family. Sawyer and Briggs love lying next to eachother. They weren't able to do that in the NICU and I think they were missing eachother. I had heard more than one report from the nurses that Sawyer has a little temper...but he has been very sweet since he has been able to be with his brother.



This picture I took at the NICU before we were discharged. They were finally put in the same bed. Sawyer was being a little grumpy but I put Briggs next to him and he just stared at his brother for about 30 minutes before falling asleep.


We are sleeping them together in the crib for now. Derrick must have folded a lot of burritos in his life because he is very good at swaddling. Dont they look so happy to be together? Home Sweet Home. Briggs is in the airplane blanket.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. They are beautiful little boys!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay! So glad they are home. Good job little men! And they are ADORABLE! I have loved following their journey on the blog. Thanks for posting. Happy for you guys! Almost makes me want another one!

Jan and Colleen said...

I am so glad that all is well now at your house, now they need to nurse, you'll have a much better milk supply if they will nurse from you and also more time for all the other things you'll have to be doing.

Deming Family said...

Congratuations! so happy to hear your boys are finally coming home.

The Dahle Family said...

Woohoo! That is great news! How sweet that they get to share a crib and stare at each other! And I agree, it looks like derrick is a professional swaddler to me!

Unknown said...

so glad they are home happy and healthy. Makes sense they want to lay next to each other, they did it every moment for months in the womb.

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Happy Day! They are precious!