Monday, May 16, 2011

Nesting

Last night (Sunday) when we went down to see the babies, they took out the G-tubes on both babies and took off Sawyer's oxygen!! They said that we would be able to take them home soon as long as they continued to do well on their feedings. It was a really special night last night to see them make so much progress. I am very suprised that Sawyer and Briggs are going to be discharged on the same day because Sawyer got so much sicker than Briggs. Over the last couple days, Briggs has put on the breaks as far as feedings were going and let his brother catch up to him. I think they just wanted to come home together.

I went down to the hospital this morning to see the boys, and they suprised me with the news that my husband I can do nesting tonight. Nesting is where we spend a night in the hospital to practice taking care of the babies. We will have the nurses a phone call away if we have any problems, and they can see if we are able to get the babies to take their full feedings. If everything goes well, they will discharge them on Tuesday.

I can't believe that we are a mere 24 hours away from having the babies home with us. I am so excited. It will be so awesome. Soon we will be able to get to know them and learn about their personalities.

I have some stuff to get ready for them :) Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!

Tastes Kinda Minty said...

I am so happy! Have been following progress on your blog and am so very happy that you all get to be home together soon! Good Luck!!
Becky (Roper)